by Jay Reynolds
Before commencing on this enterprise, make sure you have the "enterprise" set up, after all, you are doing this for money, aren't you? Yes, you must have a sales network all set up in advance, ready for your marks to "buy into" as soon as you begin. There are many items you can sell, including books, videos, T-shirts, and vitamins which you can honestly say have protected you from "chemtrail fallout." After all, you know they really are just water vapor anyway.
Once the set up is all "set up", you'll have to steel yourself, because what you are about to do is mislead and deceive people, and it is difficult to do this if you aren't really a psychopathic liar.
If you're not able to speak clearly, with a straight face, while lying through your teeth, and sound just as sincere as a preacher, you had better just stop right now, because the strain on most normal people is too great.
No matter what you do, some smartalec will come along and find the details you forgot, and try to spoil the whole thing, it never fails. Accordingly, you've got to learn the number one rule that anyone contemplating a chemtrail scare should make sure is covered:
NEVER SHOW ANY REAL EVIDENCE AT ALL, NEVER, NOT EVER, (this way, anything you create out of thin air, exaggerate, or omit can't be scrutinized)
Portray all your evidence
as "preliminary," as "dangerous," and as something
a "national emergency," but NEVER ACTUALLY SHOW ANY EVIDENCE!!!!!!
(remember, you don't really have to have any)
Most people will be completely satisfied with this approach, especially the people you really want on your side. You see, you don't really want people who need proof. Yes, that's right. The name "con-man" is a shortened form of "confidence-man." The "marks" you are seeking are not the ones who require real evidence. You don't want them at all. You are trying to form a cadre of "true believers" who do what they are told, believe what they are told, and repeat it as quickly as they are told, whatever they are told. You want a big crew of gullible yes-men, rumormongers, and loudmouths, because they will end up doing 99% of all your work for you, while you sit back and watch with glee.
Where to find the people you need
The people you need are people who have these attributes:
-They believe whatever they are told, and don't need proof of anything. This is paramount, because critical thinking is the one thing that can kill your ploy.
-They respond and are
motivated by fear, not to discover anything, but to run around
"The sky is falling!!" in as many places as possible. Remember, you don't want people to think, you want them to remain in ignorance, and fear is one of the best paralyzers of reason, so always seek to make the whole thing as scary as possible, and instill enough fear in your followers that they'll just leave it up to you, being too fearful to look more closely.
-They have a belief that some things are unexplainable, that paranormal events and magic really do exist. These people will believe practically anything already, they come tailor made for you and your purposes.
-That are already physically ill, are predisposed to illness, or know someone who is, especially people who don't go to doctors because they don't trust them, and whose illnesses thus drag on and continue undiagnosed. These people can then be trotted out and displayed as "sufferers" whenever you need a "victim." This tactic is one of the best, because any scoffers can then be portrayed as "inhuman."
-The people who already fear any kind of technology, and do not understand scientific terminology are ripe for your exploitation, keep them dependent on you for information in pre-digested form, they will most likely just accept whatever you tell them. You're not going to tell them much anyway, especially if it might refute your play, because this will encourage them to begin seeking knowledge on their own.
What to say, where, and when
After choosing your audience carefully, format your story to best satisfy the objectives outlined above, remembering always to NEVER SHOW ANY EVIDENCE, NO NOT EVER(that way, you really don't have to have any).
Your prime weapon is fear, your prime target those most vulnerable to fear and paralyzation, thus the harder you can hype any aspect to promote fear the better. The following can be used to your advantage:
- Normal contrails are most often seen during the cooler parts of the year, especially October through springtime and thankfully for your cause, the cold and flu season coincides with this time period, so any normal illness at that time can certainly be said to be "possibly" caused by chemtrails.
- ANY other illness can be used likewise, remember YOU WILL NEVER SHOW ANY EVIDENCE ANYWAY, right? So all illness is fair game, bring in meningitis, lupus, any allergies, boils, asthma, emphysema, strep, and just about anything else. Don't forget, there are numerous hypochondriacs who will willingly discuss all sorts of complaints who just need a sympathetic audience, encourage their stories, you will be amazed at how sad they can be, and how much they will speculate, extending the fear into all sorts of unlikely places.
- Keep your possibilities
open, WiiiiiiiDE open, don't just settle on illness, or you will
be missing out on so many other popular ideas. Don't forget, there
is always the idea that *somebody* wants to kill a lot of people,
that *somebody* wants to change the weather, that *somebody* wants
to do almost anything. What you must do is keep it vague enough
and there will be droves of people
who will think up more outrageous ideas than you could even imagine. Remember, they will do 99% of the work for you if you just set the stage. You will be amazed, earthquakes, comets, droughts, floods, storms, even plane crashes will become part of the legend you can help create, mold, guide and develop.
- Use the media, use
it, use it, abuse it. Use the most credible sources first, before
they catch on, of course, the mainstream press will see right
through what you are trying to do, they at least have
to make some money after the whole thing blows off. Pick at least one media outlet that has some credibility as an opener, the best you can find. Of course, eventually, they will catch on, so then you just go down the line, and don't forget the late night shows like Art Bell, he will promote anything and has millions of gullible insomniacs ready for their latest adrenaline fix. Actually, these hosts know that people are most vulnerable when they are in a semi-somnolent state, and are sometimes almost taken to the point of being hypnotized.
- The Internet is your prime stomping ground, and can distribute the most outrageous stuff imaginable, so just imagine it! What you will definitely need are lots of websites that can post pictures. Visual stimuli are necessary to promote Mass Sociogenic Illness, and it is imperative that these images get implanted in the most sinister way possible. It doesn't matter if they are normal contrails or not, it doesn't matter if planes are visible or not, each and every contrail picture is a possible chemtrail, in fact, you really shouldn't talk about what normal contrails are if you can avoid it at all costs, just call them all chemtrails and soon everybody else will too. Almost all contrails will eventually be considered chemtrails after a time. These websites are your greatest tools, and the nice thing is that you can get other people to run them and set them up for you, they will be begging to do it, or just do it anyway.
- While we're on the subject of websites, you can help promote fear by suggesting that people write their congressman, government agencies, and the military. These people and agencies will then visit the sites, and their visits can be construed as "inordinate interest" and be hyped as real evidence that "something big" is going on. These public servants do realize they shouldn't insult the people they work for, and will do everything they can short of telling the correspondents they are nuts, or being lied to, they know darn well nobody wants to hear that. Some of them will see these contacts as so silly they may not respond, and that is your cue to state that "something big" must really be going on, because they are "afraid to respond" or "they are stonewalling."
- There might come a time when one does respond and categorically deny all existence of chemtrails. Search carefully for anything said that supports your idea, but NEVER discuss anything at all that refutes anything you say. Remember, NEVER DISCUSS THE EVIDENCE THAT REFUTES YOUR STORY, you must be the filter, and you must keep people dependent on you for "information."
Here come the critics
If you're lucky, critics, skeptics, and debunkers will just dismiss what you say and go on, but you may not be so lucky, and they will have to be dealt with eventually. These people, if dealt with directly, can be the real pox, so just ignore them if at all possible. If fact, you must remember that YOU are in control, you just don't have anything to say to these people at all. Arguing with them will get you nowhere, and since there is no evidence to show, there is no evidence to discuss.
Remember rule numero uno: (THERE IS NO EVIDENCE, SO YOU NEVER WILL HAVE TO SHOW ANY)
Now, sooner or later, someone will ask for proof anyway, so here are some tips on how to handle the eventuality:
-Acting very sincere,
state that you "really aren't sure what is going on,"
but say that you have been getting hundreds, or thousands of reports
from "people all over the country," who say they are
seeing all kinds of chemtrails. This pits the critics not against
you, but against unknown and unknowable hordes of people, and
puts you as just the reporter of these "facts." Remember,
these people can't be expected to reveal their identity, and you
have hyped the fear level so high, they probably never will, so
none of it can ever really be checked out anyway.
-Portray any references, even incorrect or tangential ones as "facts," everything else you can as "evidence," all speculation as "hypothesis," and all rumors as "possibilities," after all, anything is possible, right?
-Do your utmost best to remain aloof from the critics, whenever possible, do not engage them in debate or respond at all. Since they are right, to respond is death. They can be your worst nightmare.
-Since skeptics will show up wherever you are, unfortunately you will not be able to participate in open forums and can only use media sources that are "friendlies", as mentioned above.
The Bottom Line
Eventually, either too
many people will catch on(time has a way of eliciting the truth),
or sales may decline to the point where this play becomes a waste
An exit strategy will have to be mapped out, or else one's reputation may be irretrievably damaged. One suggestion would be to simply connect this scam to the next one. For instance, another conspiracy theory could be linked to the chemtrails, then a gradual easing out could be possible towards the new play. Fortunately, your followers, at least the "true believers", will probably not even notice that contrails continue to be produced as before.
You'll need it.